Curbside Recycle Program
Clear Creek Disposal is a wonderful partner and the provider for curbside recycling. Please call them to schedule routine recycling pick-up. There is no extra charge beyond regular waste collection services. Though any sturdy box or bin would suffice, Blue Bins can be purchased directly from Clear Creek Disposal. Please call (208) 726-9600.
Now accepting 1-5 plastic containers
- WE ACCEPT HDPE, PETE, PP, & PPE plastics # 1-5. This includes most bottle, jugs, and produce/food containers. Lids are acceptable but need to be removed from the container. Please empty and rinse all food containers, bottles, and jugs. Look for those letters and the numbers 1 – 5 inside a triangle: If you can’t find the triangle please throw it out.
- WE DO NOT ACCEPT Polystyrene (PS) # 6 or Misc. # 7. We do not take Styrofoam, Styrofoam egg cartons, plastic bags, cassette tapes, CDs, DVDs, pesticide or oil containers of any type, or large plastic items such as buckets, plumbing pipe or conduit.
- Plastic bags #2 and #4 can be recycled at all Atkinson’s Markets, ERC, LL Greens, The Community School, The Blaine County Annex building, Albertson’s and Kings. Plastic shipping bubble wrap and Styrofoam peanuts can be reused at the UPS stores in Ketchum and Hailey, and at Easy Pack in Ketchum.
Aluminum and Tin Program:
- WE ACCEPT beverage cans, disposable aluminum pie tins, aluminum foil (minimally soiled), and tin cans. Aluminum and tin can be placed in the same bin for curbside pick-up. Please empty and rinse all containers. Food residue damages the machinery.
- WE DO NOT ACCEPT paint buckets, un-rinsed food containers, heavily soiled aluminum foil, aerosol cans, paint buckets, metal pots, cookie sheets, large metal or propane bottles (see “Propane Tanks” under Ohio Gulch Transfer Station).
Mixed Paper Program & Fiber Program
- WE ACCEPT white and colored paper, junk mail, envelopes, folders, cereal boxes, fiber egg containers, beer boxes, paper towel and toilet paper rolls, non-corrugated cardboard, packing paper and similar materials,newspapers and inserts that came with the newspaper, magazines, catalogs, glossy paper, phone books and paperback books. Mixed paper, newspaper, & magazines can be placed in the same bin for curbside pick-up. Please remove any plastic or metal parts first (other than binding staples).
- WE DO NOT ACCEPT fluorescent paper, waxed containers (such as milk cartons and juice cans), waxed paper, or food-soiled paper curbside.