Please note that some types of information filed with the Sheriff’s Office cannot be accessed while the cases are pending adjudication through the courts.
Accident / Offense Reports
- Request a copy of your accident or incident
- Free of Charge to Any Involved Party
- $5.00 Fee for Insurance Company Requests
- $5.00 fee for data containing photographs, audio, or video
- Payment is accepted by cash or checks payable to BCSO
- Our Records Deputy can be reached at (208)788-5555 for additional questions.
Public Records FOIA Requests
- Request access to public records under the Freedom of Information Act.
- If research and processing time exceeds 2 hours or 100 copies there will be a fee.
- Our Public Information Officer can be reached at 208-788-5536 for additional questions.
The Blaine County Sheriff’s Office does not preform background checks for individuals.
The Idaho State Police Bureau of Criminal Identification will perform an inquiry of the Idaho Central Repository of Criminal History Records for a processing fee. The ISP Bureau of Criminal Identification can be reached at 208-884-7130.
A nationwide personal criminal history can be requested from the Federal Bureau of Investigation for a processing fee. The FBI Liaison Office can be reached at 304-625-5590.
Hours: Monday through Friday
- 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Noon to 5:30 p.m.
- 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
You will need:
- Photo identification
- $5 fee is required in cash; Please bring exact change
- Payment may be made by credit card using our lobby kiosk for an additional small processing fee
- Checks are not accepted